What kind of price can we put on holiday portraits? Family portraits are priceless!
It is that time of year again–It is the Holiday Season. It is time for family portraits.
10 Ways to Prepare for Holiday Portraits
- If you want fun images, check out Pinterest for ideas. If you want traditional images, fall, cool colors are great.
- Decide on a studio or location look. You can have more of a classic look in the studio. If you go on location, you will have the nice light and the outdoor scenery. If you choose to have a more intimate setting, your home is another choice for your holiday portraits.
- Decide on the date. The best times for holiday portraits are from October 15- December 1. You want to beat the rush and get your prints and holiday cards back in time. Schedule your session early. Some photographers have early bird specials.
- Let all the family members know when the session will be and let them know the colors. It is best to alert all members at least 2 weeks before the session date so there is plenty of time for them to plan.
- A typical family session will last from 1 hour to 1.5 hours. Block off this much time for portrait day. You want to have a good time and not feel rushed by having too many other things on your agenda.
- Get your beauty on for your session. Plan for hair and makeup. Plan for feet and nails to be done. Most photographers may have a package with hair and makeup. Ask ahead.
- The night before the session, get plenty of rest. Drink lots of water. Getting rest and drinking water will ensure your face is camera ready.
- On the session day, plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early. At this time of year, photographers are booking back to back. So, you don’t want to miss your slot.
- After the session, plan a day for your proof and order session. This is a great day. You get to see your session and choose portraits for your home and for friends and family. It is also a time to see other cool products like canvas wraps, albums and holiday cards.
- Pick up your order from your photographer, give portraits as gifts and have a great holiday!